At the presentation event for a vegan brunch I had the opportunity of meeting Cris, author of the blog Delantal de Alces (Moose Apron)
After having got in touch via social media I became a big fan of seeing her recipes, and considering how much I like her blog, I couldn’t resist asking her to put together a recipe for a brunch that I could publish here.
Delantal de Alces is where Cris often publishes her delicious vegan récipes, which look even more delicious thanks to the professional photos her husband takes. And why this name for her blog? Because when she prepares the recipes she wants to publish, she always wears an apron she bought in Sweden which has pictures of moose on it.
Obviously, to try this recipe of vegan pancakes you don’t have to be vegan! I’m sure you’ll love it!Instructions with pictures:
1. To prepare vegan pancakes first put all the ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix the ingredients using a whisk.
3. Cover, and leave to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. When the mixture has rested, put a non-stick frying pan on to heat. Add in some drops of olive oil and with the help of a pastry brush or piece of kitchen towel, oil the pan.
5. When the pan is hot, put in a portion of the mixture.
6. All the portions should be the same, so take a measure and use it for all of them – for example, you could use a ladle or half a measuring cup.
7. When you first add the mixture to the pan keep it on a high heat, and when bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake, lower the heat to make sure the pancake cooks through without burning.
8. After 2 minutes check that the pancake has taken on a toasted colour, and then turn it to cook the other side.
9. Repeat the process until all the mixture has been used up.