Do you all remember Lucy, our host from the Withlocals Mexican brunch?
I was so enchanted by her work and by her food that I asked her to share her recipe for the Shrimp Tropical Ceviche – an easy-to-make recipe that adds a sophisticated touch to a home-made brunch.
Lucy studied to become a chef and nutritionist, and her enthusiasm for sharing her passion for wellbeing, nutrition and good food has carried her all the way to creating her own home cooking business, Delucyous (I love the play on words!)
As she herself explains on her webpage, “my aim is to help my clients reconcile and redefine their relationship with food, and to help them find a happy balance between eating healthily and enjoying their food.” From that aim sprung the creation of various diet plans that take the worry out of shopping and cooking for her clients, allowing them to eat healthily and comfortably in their own home, using products that are ecological, seasonal, sustainable and fresh.
Other services that Lucy offers, in Spanish or English, include:
- Private chef
- Healthy event catering
- Cooking Classes/ Clean Living Courses
- Nutrition consultancy
Have you been trying to diet for years, but just end up getting frustrated? I’m certain Lucy can help you change your focus and allow you to keep enjoying your food!
We hope you enjoy this delicious and original recipe!Directions with pictures:
1. Cut the shrimp into bite size pieces (about 1 cm). The shrimp can be used raw if they are fresh enough. If you don’t feel comfortable with raw shrimp, briefly steam or blanch them for 10-15 seconds. *Do not overcook.
2. Put the cooled shrimp in a glass bowl and squeeze the limes and lemon into the bowl and mix well. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes. *This will finish cooking the shrimp.
3. Chop the mango and strawberries into small cubes and add them to the shrimp bowl.
4. Cut the red onion into fine strips and mix in.
5. Last, add the chopped cilantro and avocado cut into cubes, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Serve into single cups or enjoy with tortilla chips or corn tostadas. You can garnish with whole shrimp, sliced strawberries, cilantro sprigs and chili powder.
*Keep the ceviche chilled at all times.